craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Monday, September 29, 2008

Finally, Sleep!

So, for about 6 weeks now I have been waking up at like 3:00 in the morning every single night along with my normal nightly trips to the bathroom. But I would be wide awake around 3am decide to get up have a little snack, watch some TV, and then go back to sleep around 5am. Well, as some of you know Gabe also has been waking up at night-ever since we have been back from NY. He would wake up & we would do the lazy thing & let him just get into bed with us instead of bringing him back to his own room. Well, it has been about 6 weeks now & I couldn't tell you when the last time I got a full nights sleep. I can't even blame it on being uncomfortable or anything because I'm really not. I have just been awake...or I get woken up by my wonderful 3 year old & can't go back to bed. Well, it finally happened last night. The best night in a long time. Bill & I watched a movie...went to bed around 11:30-I finally drifted off around 12:00. I got up for the nightly bathroom breaks but other than that I got to sleep until 6:45. Gabe never got up once. I think God really knew I was on the verge of a meltdown if I didn't get some kind of sleep soon. It is amazing what 6 hours of sleep will do for a person!

Also, Friday & Saturday night when Gabe woke up we decided to just bring him back to his room so we could fix mistake #1 letting him into our bed. We brought him potty, back to his room, said a prayer & he went right back to sleep both nights. Granted on Saturday night he woke up 3 times-2 times to use the potty (which I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I am glad he is waking up b/c he needs to use the potty & not going in his Pullup at night but I don't want it to become a habit either) and the last time to get in our bed but even though I was exhausted & wanted to take the easy way out & just let him into our bed-I stood strong, said No, let's go back into your room, prayed with him & he went back to sleep. The frustrating part to his nightly games is that he has always been a great sleeper...then we went on vacation & it has taken us this long to get things some what back to normal. But hey, we are making progress. If anyone has any wonderful insight or tips please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...