craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God has me in a introspective place in my life right now. I don't know if it's because I will be 30 in the next few years and I feel like in the world's perspective I have not "acquired' much. I keep searching. I come back to what Janice Henry said about watching TV that she never feels filled up after she watches a show and so she decides to invest herself into the word because she feels filled up after she reads the word. I have been applying that thinking to my life. I want to live a life that just shines Jesus....you see those people coming who just radiate God's love. I want to be that person. I want to shine Jesus and not care about what this world has to offer. It's like that song....if I had 2 hands doing the same thing.....boy I sure could do a lot. It's such a struggle to do both. I get so tired from the rat race. I just want to do & be what God wants me to be. The scriptures I have been working through are:
Titus 2:5-to live wisely, be pure, work in our homes, to do good, to submit to our husbands.....
Titus 2:12-We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
1 John 2:15-17-Do not lobe this world not the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
Philippians 4:8-Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...