craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fruitful Living In 2010

It's so hard to think that I don't live a fruitful life. I don't see myself as not willing to take the plunge, or willing to do God's will when he wants. But it's the cyclical cyclone that I often find myself in wondering if I will ever grow. I feel like I am still in the same spot with my relationship with God. It's that daily struggle to get in the word, the lack of prayer, then to result in unsureness, dissatisfaction, unhappiness, and then frustration. It all starts with my lack of time spent with Him. It seems like a simple solution but often times impossible to follow through on.

I have been belting out Who Am I? for the past 2 weeks. "Who am I, that you would love me so gently?, who am I, that you would recognize my name?, Lord who am I, that you would speak to me so softly, conversations with the Lord most high who am I?"

After going to church yesterday Patrick asked us where we were in our lives. What is consuming you and all I could think of was this song. For the past 2 weeks it has consumed my thoughts when cleaning, doing laundry, facebooking...whatever. I think that is my question. Who am I? Who am I in Christ? I know the many roles I play at home as a wife, mother, friend, hostess, daughter...etc. I always over look the role of daughter of the king, friendship with my creator.

For the next week I am going to follow through with Patrick's requests and re-read 2 Peter 1:3-9 and ask God to show me what I need to change, adjust, and mend to live a fruitful 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...