craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some Days Are Just More Productive Than Others

I often wonder if I had this much energy & motivation every day how much more I could accomplish in a week. I woke up at 6:30, had some coffee, got into the word, showered, and got to Albertson's around 7:30 this morning. I forgot it was Hawaiian day at school and Gabe had to bring grapes for the fruit salad, oops! So, I figured why not just get groceries while I was there so I did. I raced home to get the kids ready for summer camp, put away groceries,pack lunches, and get get them to their school by 9:00. I then hit up Hobby Lobby, McDonalds for a yummy hazelnut ice coffee and an oh so fattening breakfast sandwich that was oh so yummy and then went to Lowe's to pick up some things for Gabe's room, flowers, and soil. Came home to realize that I was locked out of the house! A friend watched our dogs and I still need to get my key back and Bill locked up before going to work as usual. So, he had to come rescue me! :-) In the meantime I planted 2 new perennials out in the front flower bed before he arrived.

Once I got in the house I decided to finish planting the flowers out back. I planted 7 flowers today 2 which I already had. My goal was to just put them in the existing flowerbeds but that didn't happen. I had to be over adventurous and dig up all along the side of our house where we have a walk way into our back yard. This is what it looked like before.
And after much sweating and planting, flowers and seeds this is what it looks like now.

In between planting I would be working on this for Gabe's room makeover! (shh it's a surprise)



I started with a frame that I bought like 4 years ago at that huge garage sale that Meals on Wheels puts on each fall for like $3. I just knew it would come in use one day.

Then I gave it a new coat of black spray paint.

I inserted a piece of sheet metal that I bought at Lowe's.

I added some cardboard to make it sturdy. You could spray it black too but I didn't. :-)

I also added some new wire and hooks so we could hang it up. Voila!


It's a magnetic frame for Gabe to put all his art work on, school stuff...whatever he wants in his room. I love it!

Along with doing laundry (6 loads I think) I decided to start organizing. Oh boy did I need it! Since we have traveled so much this summer, the kids busy schedule and not to add taking the house off the market...I just needed to get cleaned out and organized again. I felt like I just couldn't stand it anymore. Organizing is an ongoing process at my house but these 3 areas really needed some TLC! Besides feeling slightly embarrassed by my craziness I thought it would be fun to post some before & after pictures!

I forgot to take the inside of my cabinet before I took everything out so here is all the stuff that was shoved into this little cabinet.

Here is the after

I also did the pantry...again.

Before


After


Tackled the laundry room next!
Before



After



Well, that was my day in a nutshell...well besides some coloring with Lily this evening and making brownies with Gabe oh yeah and painting in his room...lol. I need to get off here so I can go fold the last few loads of laundry while watching America's Got Talent! :-) Good Night Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Girl like I've said before, "You wear me out!"
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...