craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Monday, August 16, 2010

A Crazy Little Update

So it has been awhile since I have actually had time to sit down and blog.  I had a few minutes this morning while my kids are snuggling my hubby in bed to do it!

This past weekend we went camping for the first time with Justin & Falecia Lindley & their sweet family.  We decided to drive out to San Angelo on Friday night and just stay until Saturday because we all had to serve Sunday morning.  It was so different from NY camping which of course I expected.  I honestly didn't have a ton of expectations because I knew it wouldn't compare.  So once we first arrived we went to the state park which had a high fire warning, and then we found out no swimming because their wasn't enough water in the lake, what?  Seriously?

Well, we obviously couldn't stay there what the heck were we going to do with 4 small kids?  So, we decided to go and stay at Spring Creek on Lake Nasworthy.  It was like going from the motel 6 to the Hyatt.  (the Hyatt is fancy to some of us, lol)  It was on a big lake, had lots of campers, spacious, trees.  I thought it was really nice.  Totally different from NY because instead of trees separating your sites it was metal posts, haha!  The kids got to fish and swim so it was all good.  The only thing we couldn't do was have a camp fire because of the high fire alert which was eye opening to us because you do so much around the campfire.  So, thank goodness the Lindley's had a travel trailer because the kids played inside that night and then Saturday morning we played games and stuff before heading to the lake.  We slept in a tent which was lots of fun,ha!  ;-)  We also hit up this 60,500 sq foot, Christian thrift store in San Angelo!  I scored some great finds.  I was super pumped and can't wait to go back!

Last Thursday kicked off leadership training for A.S.K. CBS where I will be a core-group leader this year for 6th grade girls.  I am super excited to be involved in this ministry.  I am also super nervous!  I am not really big on taking on too many ministries at once but if you have been coming to Stonegate we have been talking A LOT about living an intentional life.  I often think of all the opportunities I have to live intentional and all the opportunities I miss.  I think how I misuse my time with things that are not going to have an eternal effect.  So, Janice Henry asked me if I would be a core-group leader and after seeking the lord in prayer about it I agreed to do it.  I want to live an intentional life!  One thing Patrick always says, we are always leading somebody whether we know it or not and someone is leading us.  I want to fill my time with things that could impact people for Jesus...not just sitting at home.  A.S.K. CBS is a bible study for K-6th grade and in the fall we study the OT and in the spring the NT.  It's for 10 weeks, 4-5:30 at Stonegate!  You should check it out and get your kids signed up!

I just finished my Beth Moore bible study which was AMAZING!  It has been my favorite one ever!  I think I loved it so much because it truly was a BIBLE STUDY.  It wasn't a self-help kind of a deal or something where you had to hash out all of your problems from the past.  I feel like once you deal with them move on from it and get over it.  It's the PAST!  Look forward and press on to the future.  It was all about Exodus, the tabernacle, the Israelites!  It was great!  I highly recommend it even if you do it on your own.  It's called A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place.

One week from today I will be walking Gabe into school, dropping him off, and hoping for the best!  Woah!  I can't even believe it.  I have been trying not to think about it but when I do it seems easier and easier.  Maybe because the bandaid is almost off, ya know?  I will admit a friend from bible study recommended The Kissing Hand and let me just tell you if you have a little one going to school for the first time DO NOT read this at the book store, haha!  I was crying!  So, I bought the book and I am going to read it with Gabe the night before school.  It's super sweet.  Thursday night is meet the teacher night so we will see how all that goes.

Well, I better get going and feed my kids breakfast....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...