craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Menu Planning

I have been back and forth with menu planning.  I do it for a season okay more like a week or two...and  then I quit.  I often find myself struggling with what to cook for dinner.  I hate not knowing what I am fixing, go to the grocery store without a list...or worst you have that mental list always running, and ideas for dinner but you forget half of the ingredients at the store and have to make several trips out during the week.  Something so fun as cooking becomes begrudging and going to the store once again becomes such a chore.

These past 2 weeks I have decided to do a menu for 2 weeks at a time and then I only have to get groceries 2x's a month.  I am almost at the end of my second week and it has been AMAZING!  I even did Gabe's lunches for school and it has made my mornings so much quicker & smoother!  We do swing by the store for milk and creamer of course :-)  We MUST have our coffee-mate!

Here is our menu for the past 2 weeks!  I am looking forward to planning for the next 2 weeks!  Do you have any fun menu planning tips?

Week 1
Crockpot Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans
Taco Fiesta Chicken Lasagna
Grilled Halibut, rice, squash/zucchini
Left Over Night
Steak, Potatoes, Broccoli
Taco Night
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

Week 2
Chicken & Dumplings
Breakfast for dinner
Chicken & Black Bean Casserole
Beef Stew
Pepperoni Bread with Marinara
Chili
Left Over Night

4 comments:

  1. I always plan for 2 weeks at a time and love it! I actually only plan 11 meals b/c I know some nights there's enough for leftovers. I really enjoy planning the menu, the grocery list, not so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks works best for me too. I also do a chicken week and a beef week. That way, I can boil all the chicken/cook all the ground beef for each respective week and add it to the recipes as needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love meal-planning! It makes life so much easier, especially at 5pm when the kids are falling apart and crying. It truly helps with the budget too. I always plan 1-2 weeks of meals at a time. I will dig out my go-to meal list and get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marina that's a really good idea. Thanks Kristina I would love your list. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...