craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Life

Well, today is the first day of my new life.  By new life I mean this. 



Look at all that goodness.  Well, except for one!  I went to the doctor's yesterday for a follow up.  She basically told me that I have high blood pressure.  :-(  It's kind of sad & scary because I am so young but on the other hand I know it's very common especially for my family.  It could just be genetics too!  But I want to do all I can do to reverse it-if possible.

We don't do a lot of medicine in our house-advil as needed-other than that we don't take anything.  I've never been on a prescription that I've had to take daily - for an open ended amount of time. This is all new to me!

Along with blood pressure medicine I get to take a probiotic, vitamin D because mine was very low, omega-3, and a bone restore-basically calcium with lots of other stuff in it as well to keep my bones strong, and of course a multi-vitamin.  Gummy ones to be exact!  Thanks to my husband who only likes the chewable kind!  What is he 7?  I also get to monitor my pressure daily-yes we own a cuff!  Next I need a pill box & watch reruns of The Price is Right.  Is that show even still on?

I also have to drink LOTS and LOTS of water {gag}.  I hate drinking water.  It always gives me a stomach ache!  So, this one will be most challenging!  I am going to make some cold green tea & some sassy water that I found on food.com.

Here's the recipe

8 1/2 cups water
1 tsp grated ginger
1 medium cucumber sliced thin
1 medium lemon sliced thin
12 leaves spearmint

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher
Refrigerate overnight
Strain Water
Drink all 8 1/2 cups during the day

I think I can, I think I can! 

I go back for blood work in 3 weeks - to the doctor's in 4 & hope for the best!  Please be praying for me over the next few weeks as we make these adjustments & that I show no side effects from the medicine.  

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes natural products can react with bld pressure medications. Make sure it is okay to have ginger and peppermint with your medication:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl!!! Heb has sparkling flavored water that I like for a treat from time to time. My Payton likes them because he says they are soda (silly weird child). And yes the price is right is still on.... I think CBS around 11am...... Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...