craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Sweet Life

Ahhh the kids are in bed, the house is cleaned, and my husband is not home!  It amazes me how when he leaves & I know I am on my own for the night how my laziness turns off & I jump into this crazy mommy mode!  I mean all of a sudden the door shuts & I am cleaning the house, doing laundry, bathing kids, getting snacks, reading bible stories, threatening them one more time if they don't go to bed I am turning off the light!  Maybe it's like a challenge.  How much I can get done before he gets home.  I was home all day today,while Lily was at school & I didn't have that same motivation, weird!

My favorite part of tonight-besides going to bed with a clean house-and getting to read the bible story before bed (usually daddy's job)-was that I leave Gabe notes in his lunch box every day.  I actually printed off these fun cards that I can just cut & toss in his lunch.  Tonight while doing laundry I found it inside his shorts pocket...along with his napkin  :-)  It just touched my heart.  To think that he saved my little love note & carried it with him in his pocket for the rest of the day.  It made me smile...maybe even a little tear to my eye.  So what if he's a slight hoarder & wanted to add it to one of his many collections.  I will dwell in the fact that he didn't just dump it in the trash when cleaning up from lunch.  He took the time to fold up his napkin & put his note in his pocket.  Precious!

I am so glad that I send him little notes in his lunch every day.  I know one day sooner than I am hoping he will out grow it & won't want momma to send him notes anymore in his lunch.  Tonight my heart rejoices-I am blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...