craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year New Goals

I know I am a little behind on traditional "new years resolutions" but to be quite honest I think they are overrated!  I think people feel obligated to make them and then a month in dismiss them because they are no longer obligated or passionate to uphold them.  

Then there is the other side of the spectrum where people don't set any goals becaue then they cannot set themselves up for failure.  If you have no expectations then I guess you can never disappoint yourself, huh?

I would like to think that I fall someplace in the middle.  I want to have some realistic & manageable goals that I can obtain!  I don't want to set the bar so high that I am just setting myself up for failure so why bother trying.  It's so easy to get into that cycle.

Some of my goals this year:
fall more deeply in love with my savior
take time to enjoy my family more
grow my business
pay off more debt (we are almost there)
invest in a new car..well van...yep I said it!
 (I guess get back into debt :-/)
Run a 5K...and then maybe a 10K
eat cleaner
invest in the lives of others
have more date nights
have a bigger garden

As I take a look back 2010 God was working in our lives in a more deep & personal way.  It was one of the hardest years I think we have experienced as a married couple but God has carried us through it.  It was a hard year financially but nothing like we have experienced before but maybe because we have grown through that stuff.  We have experienced & tasted God's amazing faithfulness & provision!  That we don't really worry about our finances.  God takes good care of us & His word is true!

For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does...the Lord's plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken.  Psalm 33: 4 & 11

Often times I am quick to forget about what God has done in our lives over a whole year!  I took a moment to look back & remember how God has once again provided for our needs.  Last year we applied at all 3 magnet schools & prayed for Gabe to make it into just one of them!  We don't live in the best school district so we wanted him to go to one of the magnet schools.  God heard our please & cries & answered our prayers with Pease Academy.  This past year Gabe started kindergarten there which was a HUGE adjustment for everyone.  We have adjusted!  It is going much better!  He likes school most days.  :-)

I ventured out & started my own business.  Kind of scared at first but I knew I needed to do something once Gabe started school.  I kicked off Papercutz!  It has been a huge success in my eyes.  I didn't want to make millions or make it where Bill could stay home, ha!  I just want to do what I love to do & make a little money doing it.  If we want to go to Dallas for the weekend or splurge on that new front loader (wishful thinking) we can do it and it doesn't put any pressure on my already hard working hubby to come up with those added expenses.

I had my first garden!  I love that my dad lives here because he has taught me so much about it.  I am so excited to do another one this year!  I even canned for the first time!  We are eating it this winter & it has been amazing!  Nothing like peaches & pears from summer!  yummy!

We had our house on the market but then finally decided to be content & satisfied where God has placed us!

We went on the exodus trip & got to be blessed out by some amazing people & make great new friends!

God has taught us a bunch this past year & I am excited to see what he has planned for our family this year!  I know it will be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...